Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Lunar Libra

Ahhh sigh. October is finally here. I feel like I have been waiting for my most favorite month for so long, as if it were an old friend. I am ready to fully embrace its presence, take it in and hold it. This month is not my favorite for the obvious reasons of my birthday, Columbus day (same day as my birthday) or even Halloween. Don't get me wrong, I love those things too but they are not the feature points in my life. It is my favorite month because I feel like it is the one I can connect with the most. I don't know if you believe in Astrology, but I am a libra and my specific zodiac sign is connected to the moon. I am not sure if the two are connected but for some reason I feel much more safe and secure during the month of October than I do in any other time of year.

For me, October is a very emotional month. My grandparents wedding anniversary is the 2nd, the anniversary of my grandma's death is the 16th and my great uncle died on the first, just 11 days before I was born. While October is full of sadness for my family, it is still the time I look forward to the most. Maybe it is the fact that on Halloween we welcome our loved ones who have passed - or maybe it is a time of cleansing. I think that this is why I have such a strong connection with October. 

During this time I, much like the turning trees, have grown yet another year older and must shed the events of the past year. I must carry all my burdens until October, and then, as a birthday gift to myself I let them all change color and blow away in the wind. This sounds so morbid, but it really is a time of self rejuvenation after all the trying times of the past year.

Who really knows why I feel this way about October, all I can do is speculate, but I think that it is possible to have a connection with something so obscure. The moon is full of power and it at its most beautiful during October. Connections?

As this wonderful season passes so quickly I just try and take one day at a time. Let go of one leaf a day and then be ready for what ever new things the coming year has to offer. I know that I will have the guidance of my relatives past and will have the moon as my shining light. With all of these things to guide me, I know that I will make it through this catharsis and feel cleansed in the end. Thank October, for always making me feel better.

trick or treat,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment